The Thomas Bridge was built in 1879 at a cost of $545 and completely reconstructed in 1998 at a cost of slightly more than $1 million dollars. Amos Thomas built the original bridge, which is the longest of the Indiana County covered bridges at a length of 75 feet. The original bridge was constructed with town lattice trusses. The Thomas Bridge crosses over Crooked Creek near Yarnick's Farm Market. The bridge was also known as Thomas Ford Bridge - prior to the construction of the bridge, there was a fording stream crossing at this location. When the railroad was constructed in this area in the early 1900's the bridge was also known as Thomas Station Bridge.