The original St. Bernard School first opened in 1930 on N. 5th Street. At that time, the Sisters of St. Joseph from Baden, PA staffed the school. St. Bernard School is now located at the top of scenic Clairvaux Hill overlooking St. Bernard of Clairvaux Parish and downtown Indiana, PA. St. Bernard School is Indiana County's only Catholic elementary school and is regionally known for its high quality of instruction. The curriculum includes special classes such as Technology, Spanish, Art, Physical Education, Band with in-school instruction, Chorus, and Library. Preschool programs for 3&4 year olds are also available and all-day Kindergarten. Over 1,700 students have graduated from St. Bernard School. The mission of St. Bernard School is to prepare the children in our care to live as Christian leaders today and in the world tomorrow. We do this by providing them with a traditional Catholic education emphasizing spiritual development, strong values and academic excellence. The students of St. Bernard School are encouraged to develop a deep commitment to gospel values in every facet of their lives.