“It’s A Wonderful Life” Festival & Holiday Parade
** More Information Coming Soon **
Be sure to bookmark this page and check back for updates!
“It’s A Wonderful Life” in Indiana, PA – birthplace of the legendary actor, Jimmy Stewart. Philadelphia Street sparkles with lovely Christmas tree decorations adorning the lamp posts and twinkling lights dotting the buildings. See vintage Christmas light displays situated throughout the downtown area and beautifully decorated store fronts, which will delight both children and adults. Tour the Jimmy Stewart Museum, view Jimmy’s beloved holiday classic “It’s A Wonderful Life” in a 1920’s vintage theater, see a special “It’s A Wonderful Life” exhibit, enjoy a display of holiday themed trees and check out an exclusive episode from GE Theater “The Trail to Christmas”. Before leaving, be sure to purchase your very own LIVE Christmas tree!
NOVEMBER 17, 2023 – Lucy Donnelly Memorial Fund Presents: Light Up Night and Holiday Parade
The evening includes holiday family activities, roasting marshmallows, hot chocolate, hayrides, music, Santa’s arrival and more! Watch with excitement the lighting of a 30-ft LIVE tree in IRMC Park followed by a Holiday Parade along Philadelphia Street.
November 18, 2023 – First Commonwealth Bank Presents: “It’s A Wonderful Life” Festival
Saturday is filled with “It’s A Wonderful Life” (IAWL) fun! Enjoy IAWL-themed food & drink specials as well as discounts & promotions at locally owned restaurants and specialty boutiques. Maybe you’ll even get a glimpse of George Bailey himself strolling through town!
November 25, 2023 – First Commonwealth Bank Presents: “It’s A Wonderful Life” Festival – Small Business Saturday
The IAWL fun continues Saturday as all are encouraged to “Shop Local”. Small Business Saturday is the perfect time to check things off your holiday shopping list, earning “Downtown Dollars”, while also helping to support local, small businesses.
December 2, 2023 – First Commonwealth Bank Presents: “It’s A Wonderful Life” Festival
More details coming soon.
December 9, 2023 – First Commonwealth Bank Presents: “It’s A Wonderful Life” Festival – Kids Weekend
See the talents of baton twirling groups and enjoy a “Taste of Christmas” with a stroll through Downtown Indiana.
December 16, 2023 – First Commonwealth Bank Presents: “It’s A Wonderful Life” Festival – Adult Festivities
Special for the grown-ups, “Santa’s Pub Crawl” is sure to be a blast! Gather your friends, throw on some ugly sweaters, and hit the Downtown Indiana area. While this day is special for the 21+ over crowd, kids can still enjoy the activities in IRMC Park!
Activities Occurring Saturdays this Holiday Season (11/8, 11/25, 12/2, 12/9, 12/16)
- FREE Activities in IRMC Park
- Times: 12 PM – 3 PM
- Visits with Santa
- Hot chocolate
- Burn Barrels for a quick warm-up & roasting marshmallows
- Holiday Movies at the Indiana Theater – 3:00pm
- LIVE Christmas Trees for Sale at Ace Hardware
- Selfie Stations
- Various locations
- Pop Up Bars (additional information coming soon)
Additional Activities occurring this holiday season:
- Date TBD – “Shop Around the Corner” Radio Show at the Indiana Theater
- December 8 – Annual Christmas Open House at the Genealogical & Historical Society of Indiana County
- Join them for this annual holiday favorite, featuring holiday themed exhibits, the freshly decorated Clark house, carols, and seasonal refreshments. FREE/RSVP Recommended.
- December 10 – Breakfast with Santa at Josie’s Funky Brunch
- Reservations Required (further details coming soon)
- December 20 – “Carpenters Christmas – Merry Christmas Darling” concert at Kovalchick Convention & Athletic Complex
- Select Dates – “Wheels & Thrills” Holiday Train Display at the Indiana Mall
- DAILY – “It’s A Wonderful Life” at the Jimmy Stewart Museum (admission rates apply).
- “The Making of It’s A Wonderful Life” documentary shown daily at 10:30 AM
- GE Theater’s “A Trail to Christmas” shown daily at 11:30 AM
- “It’s A Wonderful Life” shown daily at 1 PM
- “It’s A Wonderful Life” exhibit, filled with pictures, memorabilia, posters and behind the scenes facts.
- Festival of themed Christmas trees throughout the museum, decorated based on Stewart’s life and movies.
- Take your picture lassoing the moon in front of their big mural, or earning your own wings!
- Enjoy their “Shop Around the Corner” gift shop, which is stocked with lots of unique items, clothing, books, mugs, posters, DVD’s, puzzles and SO much more! There’s never a fee to stop and shop!
- DAILY – View the live tree cam of 30’ LIVE Christmas Tree in IRMC Park
- DAILY – View beautifully decorated storefronts along the streets of Downtown Indiana
- DAILY – See vintage Christmas light displays spread throughout Downtown Indiana
- DAILY – Take a photo in front of the “larger than life” LIVE Christmas Tree in IRMC Park