"It's A Wonderful Life" Holiday Celebration and Parade - The Perfect Mystery Tour!
THE PERFECT MYSTERY TOUR
Experience “It’s A Wonderful Life” in scenic Indiana, PA, hometown of Hollywood actor Jimmy Stewart! Enjoy the Hometown Tour, the Jimmy Stewart Museum, a Jimmy impersonator, hayrides to the fields of “The Christmas Tree Capital of the World”, and possibly ride a float in the “It’s A Wonderful Life” parade – held annually the Friday before Thanksgiving. Start your holiday season with this Memorable itinerary!
Enjoy the downtown Indiana area – home to the “It’s A Wonderful Life” Holiday Celebration.
Festival features: 32-foot tall LIVE Christmas tree, holiday light displays, live entertainment, family activities, shopping and dining. (Held select nights November through December)
Tour the Jimmy Stewart Museum and downtown Indiana area:
Indiana, PA is the birthplace of Jimmy Stewart. See locations associated with his childhood. At the Museum, see seasonal displays associated with Stewart’s famous holiday film and numerous Christmas trees, what the Christmas classic in the vintage movie theater and shop for holiday gifts. Groups receive complimentary photo of group by the 9′ bronze Jimmy Stewart statue.
Dinner and show:
Enjoy a Jimmy-themed meal at a local restaurant. Choose from historic settings to cozy, fireplace rooms where your group is entertained with a visit from a Jimmy Stewart impersonator performing your favorite Stewart movie scenes. Complimentary dinner, gifts, free parking, and door-to-door drop-offs are included!
Make it a TWO or THREE day trip or include these special holiday offerings:
- Journey to nearby Gobbler’s Knob where your group can have a meet and greet with Punxsutawney Phil and his handlers. Learn the history of the famous prognosticator and yearly star of Groundhog’s Day, February 2.
- Step back in time and enjoy specialty shopping in t he quaint, Old Order Amish community of Smicksburg.
- Attend Smicksburg’s “Annual Cookie Tour” and other seasonal special events.
- Sip and savor flavors on a craft brew, winery or distillery tour and shop the local antiques and art galleries.
- Go to the “Trees for Troups” festival where LIVE Christmas trees are bought, prepared and sent to military families.
- Holiday Hotel Party: Santa surprised overnight groups with gifts! Guest decorate the LIVE Christmas tree (chosen earlier at local tree farm) while enjoying special treats and viewing the “It’s A Wonderful Life” movie. Make it even more special with the entertainment of a Jimmy Stewart impersonator.