Welcome Keystone State Championships!
During your time in Indiana, PA, we put together a list of local establishments that may be of interest to you. You can find everything you need such as area restaurants (including pizzerias, fast-food, sit-down family friendly places, etc.), pharmacies, convenience stores, ATMs, retail stores and more at the touch of your finger tips!
NEARBY THINGS TO DO/PLACES TO VISIT
The Jimmy Stewart Museum
– Indiana, PA is the birthplace of Hollywood icon, Jimmy Stewart.
– Visit the Museum Thursday – Saturday: 10 AM – 4 PM and Sunday: 12 – 4 PM
– Museum has a Gift Shop (never a fee to stop and shop the Gift Shop)
– Daily Matinee at 1 PM in 50-seat vintage movie theater.
White Township Recreation/S&T Bank Arena
– Recreation, including public ice skating Thursday, 3/16 from 11:30 AM – 1:30 PM & Sunday, 3/19 from 11:40 AM – 1:40 PM.
– See the flyer.
– Home to a variety of stores such as JCPenney, Kohls, GNC Live Well and more!
– Sports Cars on Display March 16 through March 18
– Food Truck Bona Pizza March 16
– Food Truck PA BBQ March 17 & 18
Go Bonkerz Indoor Skating Rink
– See the flyer.
– Located inside the Indiana Mall.
– Open to for walk in play Friday, Saturday, and Sunday!
– Featuring “Rock and Glow” Friday nights 9 PM – 11 PM
– Visit their website for a list of movies and showtimes happening this weekend.
– Evergreen Conservancy’s GeoTrail consists of 20 geocaches hidden at sites of environmental significance to help you learn more about our county and the environment.
Walking & Driving Tours
– Choose from a 36-mile round trip driving tour of the Covered Bridges, the Underground Railroad, Mural Walking Tours, Jimmy Stewart’s Hometown Tour and tours at IUP – including the arboretum.
Indiana County Parks & Trails
– Looking for a place outdoors to relax? Indiana County Parks & Trails is a natural resource-based park system located in west-central Pennsylvania. They operate 2,700 acres of parks, natural areas and historic sites along with an extensive regional trail system.
Buttermilk Falls – Waterfall
– The 45-foot stunning waterfall features steps that take you from the top of the falls to underneath the falls. This must-see attraction has times to Fred Rogers of the famed children’s show “Mr. Rogers”. Natural area open 8am to sunset year-round. Use caution – visit at your own risk.
Yellow Creek State Park
– The 2,981-acre Yellow Creek State Park is open every day of the year from sunrise to sunset. Day use areas close at dusk. The park office is open specific hours. The beach, overnight areas, and other areas are open specific seasons and hours. Contact the park office for facility seasons and hours.
Smicksburg Amish Community
– The Smicksburg area is home to 325 Old Order Amish families. Along your journey through the peaceful countryside, you’ll discover many quaint shops. Most are English owned but offer for sale the hand-crafted wares of the Amish. Other small Amish-owned shops offer things such as shoe repair, bulk foods, home-baked goods, wood crafts, etc. Tourists are welcome to patronize the Amish shops along with the other specialty shops in the area. Shop hours vary; however, the Amish-owned businesses are not open on Sunday. Located approximately 30 minutes north of the KCAC.
Retails Shops & Antiques
– Have “down time” and looking to shop? Visit places like Stoke Hole Pottery and Philly Street Candle Bar for a unique experience!
Mutts of Merit in Motion
– Traveling with your dog(s) and looking for a place for them to stretch their legs? Mutts of Merit in Motion provides 45 minutes of PRIVATE fenced in yard time for your pup. Book your private yard time here.
SPECIAL SWEET TREATS
The Meadows – Frozen Custard Wave Ryder Sweet Shop Insomnia Cookies Dan Smith Candies & Gifts Gardners Candies Dairy Queen
SPECIAL LENTEN FISH FRY’S – FRIDAY, MARCH 17
Riziki Cafe Seeds of Faith St. Bernard Blairsville VFD
NEARBY EVENTS HAPPENING THIS WEEKEND
Friday, March 17
Event: Lit Night
Location: The Artists Hand Gallery & Espresso Bar, 732 Philadelphia Street, Indiana, PA 15701
Time: 6 PM – 8 PM
Details: Open mic. Share your favorite poetry or prose with a welcoming audience in a gallery coffee shop. Even share something you wrote yourself! We tell each other stories to help each other live. –Marie Howe
Event: Trivia Night
Location: Disobedient Spirits, 30 South Main Street, Homer City, PA 15748
Time: 6:30 PM – 8:00 PM
Details: Round up a team of 1-4 people to compete in 5 rounds of FREE trivia for sweet prizes and ultimate bragging rights! Questions begin at 6:30! Good luck!
Event: St. Patrick’s Day Celebration w/ Post Traumatik, Melville Walbeck, & 90 Second Knockout
Location: Noble Stein Brewing Company, 1170 Wayne Ave., Indiana, PA 15701
Time: 7 PM – 9 PM
Details: St. Patrick’s Day Celebration with live music from Post Traumatik, Melville Walbeck, & 90 Second Knockout and special Noble Stein Beer Releases!
Saturday, March 18
Event: Saturday Morning Playhouse – Spring into Action
Location: Philadelphia Street Playhouse, 725 Philadelphia Street, Indiana, PA 15701
Time: 11 AM – 12 PM
Details: Saturday Morning Playhouse is a seasonal interactive children’s show geared towards children (ages 3 to 10) and families but ALL are welcome! Join us for a morning full of sing-a-longs, dancing, stories, games, and of course… an adventure! Come join in on the fun, or sit back and enjoy the show!! Tickets: $8 per person (Ages 2 and under are free). Tickets available online at www.indianaplayers.com or at the box office. Box Office and House open at 10:30am
Event: St. Patrick’s Walking Parade
Location: The Coney, 642 Philadelphia Street, Indiana, PA 15701
Time: 11 AM to 9 PM
Details: The Laurel Highlanders Pipes & Drums. Parade will start at The Coney at 11 AM. After the parade, enjoy Irish food & drink specials all day at Indiana’s only Irish pub, and party with the bagpipers.
Local Hospital – IRMC
Indiana County Chamber of Commerce
Thank you for visiting Indiana County, PA – The Christmas Tree Capital of the World!